Slack
61%

Total votes: 18

SpartansGM
Site Admin

League Chat

Post by SpartansGM » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Hey guys,

It was originally my intent to have a group chat in AIM. It is a free app on mostly all smart phones, it links to Trillian (which I use at work ;) ), and most of us already have an AIM account from another league. Another discussion app has been brought to my attention called Slack, which comes highly recommended. It seems as though it has it's own windows and mac apps, and can be accessed from smartphones as well. I'm unfamiliar with it but am open to letting you guys decide what seems best. Either way, I'd really like to have ALL of us in a group chat for facilitating league discussions, trades, and tons of smack.
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM

ootpmark_SA

Re: League Chat

Post by ootpmark_SA » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:02 pm

having used slack before for another lg and for work related stuff, I like it

BeaversGM

Post by BeaversGM » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:46 pm

we switched from AIM to slack in the league RDBL last season, and I feel like both communication and volume of trades has ~doubled since. Everyone there seems quite happy with it.

I'm also happy to volunteer to set-up and maintain the team account (its free to set-up and use) if the commish wants the assistance.

EDIT: you can navigate to the possible slack league site here: http://unitedbaseball.slack.com
Chad S.
Portland Beavers (1994+), UBA

San Francisco Peanuts (1970+), TBC
Seattle Mariners (2017+), RDBL

LandsharksGM

Post by LandsharksGM » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:22 pm

BeaversGM wrote:we switched from AIM to slack in the league RDBL last season, and I feel like both communication and volume of trades has ~doubled since. Everyone there seems quite happy with it.

I'm also happy to volunteer to set-up and maintain the team account (its free to set-up and use) if the commish wants the assistance.

EDIT: you can navigate to the possible slack league site here: http://unitedbaseball.slack.com
chadmariners?

I'll agree with that assessment. I like it and it is available as an app on my iphone, too.

BeaversGM

Post by BeaversGM » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:24 pm

aye, that's me. life-long mariners fan, living my dream in RDBL. :)

bill_angels, I'm guessing?
Chad S.
Portland Beavers (1994+), UBA

San Francisco Peanuts (1970+), TBC
Seattle Mariners (2017+), RDBL

LandsharksGM

Post by LandsharksGM » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:24 pm

BeaversGM wrote:aye, that's me. life-long mariners fan, living my dream in RDBL. :)

bill_angels, I'm guessing?
Yup. Good to see you, especially in another division. That last 3 game sweep hurt, I think my guys lost a little momentum there.

SpartansGM
Site Admin

Post by SpartansGM » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:20 am

Slack it is! Many of you have joined, if you haven't, please let me know if you need another invite sent. Thanks!
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM