As outlined in the rules, a new GM may relocate and rebrand a team they have taken over at no cost after one year of service in the UBA. What the UBA is now pleased to offer is the ability for ANY team to relocate at ANY time! Here is how it will work:
1. Based on the year you opt to move, the GM will be on the hook for 10% of the real life averages of MLB team investments.
2. Each GM will also have the opportunity to select a low cost, a moderate cost, or a high cost facility. The benefits and/or handicaps of each option is as follows:
- Low Cost: Fan Loyalty starts at 4; Fan interest starts at 25; Naming Rights Modifier Received (to offset the cost): 50%.
- Moderate Cost: Fan Loyalty starts at 6; Fan interest starts at 50; Naming Rights Modifier Received (to offset the cost): 75%.
- High Cost: Fan Loyalty starts at 8; Fan interest starts at 75; Naming Rights Modifier Received (to offset the cost): 100%.
3. Be creative with the naming rights.
What are those exact costs? Here's the detail:
So, based on the GM's selection, they will pay an annual rate of what is shown in the "Yearly Cost" section for 10 years. Do you go low cost and hope to win and bring fans in over time? Do you go high cost and hope to keep attendance high? The choice is yours!
What are those costs based on? Here's the detail available publicly on new MLB parks since 1998:
1 post • Page 1 of 1