Vote: Should the UBA EXPAND by 4 teams?

Would you like to see the UBA expand to 28 teams from 24?

Yes, expand
61%
No, keep the league structure as is
39%

Total votes: 18

SpartansGM
Site Admin

Vote: Should the UBA EXPAND by 4 teams?

Post by SpartansGM » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:57 am

Now that our database of players has grown exponentially, it seems like there are plenty of talented players to go around. In my opinion, we can support expansion. Expansion will only happen if:

1. 2/3 of the league votes yes
2. Commissioner can find three willing and able volunteers to be in it FOR THE LONG HAUL (The commissioner will forfeit his current squad and take one of the four expansion teams).

Expansion would happen in the offseason - whichever one we're approaching at the time we're stable with 28 committed GMs. The expansion draft would occur around the time free agents file - in my experience, OOTP schedules it 2 days into free agency. Each team will submit a protection list of APPROXIMATELY 20 players, barring a bit of testing, should we get that far.
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM

yellowknife_gm

Re: Vote: Should the UBA EXPAND by 4 teams?

Post by yellowknife_gm » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Expansion, even in real life, really only serves to water down the talent across the league. The only reason it's done in real life is to make more money. Since that dynamic doesn't exist here I don't see a value.

SpartansGM
Site Admin

Post by SpartansGM » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Tom - and others with similar concerns: we've been importing players from a database built for 30 (28 originally) teams. I am not concerned about watering down personally but that's why it's important to talk about it.
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM

nroyce_Philly

Post by nroyce_Philly » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:29 am

I like the idea of expansion, but i dont think it needs to be 4.