(Official) Divisional Alignment after Expansion

Which league size do you prefer to move ahead with?

13 AC / 13 RC (difficult to schedule evenly)
6%
12 AC / 14 RC (many evenly created schedules for me to pick from and utilize)
94%

Total votes: 16

SpartansGM
Site Admin

(Official) Divisional Alignment after Expansion

Post by SpartansGM » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:47 am

So, as it turns out, no one in the OOTP world has ever thought that 2 Leagues of 13 teams each was worthy of creating a schedule for! As you know, when the MLB was at 26 teams, the alignment was 14/12. So, I worked all week creating a schedule for us that would get us close to what we wanted, but I'm bringing this up for vote because even after all the work I did, the schedule is a little "off". I do not wish OOTP schedule creating upon my worst enemy. Here's a quick breakdown of how the schedule spit out games:

(The colors are for my own notes - yellow looks too much above average, orange too far below). I can try to tinker a bit more for more balance, but finding games to switch to make everything work is excruciatingly difficult, so we won't get much better.

If we went with the schedule I created, the most variation you'll get is re-assigned to the schedule that the 3/4 other teams in your division have, vs. the same mix of teams.

My question to the group is... is this ok for you? Or, would you prefer a 14/12 set up where we could utilize evenly generated schedules. FYI if we went 14/12, Atlanta would stay in the RC East, but San Francisco would move to the RC West, and the RC would have 14 teams vs 12 in the AC.
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM

LandsharksGM

Re: (Official) Divisional Alignment after Expansion

Post by LandsharksGM » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:55 am

I can't see the image of the schedule. Maybe it's my internet blockage.

SpartansGM
Site Admin

Re: (Official) Divisional Alignment after Expansion

Post by SpartansGM » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:00 am

I posted it to Slack.
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM