How to finish each amateur draft

How would you like to finish each amateur draft?

Statslab
76%
In-Game
24%

Total votes: 17

SpartansGM
Site Admin

How to finish each amateur draft

Post by SpartansGM » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:06 pm

The topic came up in our league chat, so I'd like everyone's feedback. Here are the choices:

1. Statslab (status-quo): use the Statslab utility to build a list. As commish, I will let the utility run and will export the results into the game.
2. In-Game (a change from our current situation): As commish, I will stop the sim on draft day (whenever it falls during the week). I will manually enter everyone's pick per the results in Statslab. I will export this file for you. You will have until the next sim to build a draft list in-game ("and/or" features, different lists for different rounds) based on the remaining available players. I will then run a sim, letting everyone's in-game draft list do the work. This will slow down our sim pace (minor impact - two sims = 1 week).
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM

joe_pitt

Re: How to finish each amateur draft

Post by joe_pitt » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:12 pm

in game atw :)

ootpmark_SA

Post by ootpmark_SA » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:49 pm

So 1 round via Statslab, or multiple depending on how quick it goes, then remainder in game???

SpartansGM
Site Admin

Post by SpartansGM » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:55 pm

ootpmark_charleston wrote:So 1 round via Statslab, or multiple depending on how quick it goes, then remainder in game???
This part won't change - as many FULL rounds as we can finish.
Geoff M.
UBA Commissioner
San Francisco Spartans GM

joe_pitt

Post by joe_pitt » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:07 pm

I suspect that some of the votes are misunderstanding the intent.

The poll is asking what do do AFTER the live draft portion in statslab. I think some might be thinking that we are proposing to to the whole draft in game